- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Manage files with nnn and edit them with nano, vim, or emacs.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make, and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded – desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.
Want to read the wiki?
Want to ask questions, report bugs, or give feedback?
Want to join the Termux IRC chat?
#termux on Freenode
NOTE: If you’re having issues with installing or updating packages – see https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/wiki/Package-Management
NOTE: Updates over Google Play are currently halted due to technical reasons. In the meantime, see https://github.com/termux/termux-app#installation for alternative installation sources.